The good, the bad, and the Cancer-y…From a Cancer Friend…..
As far as astrology goes, cancers usually get a rep for being sensitive and emotional, yet trustworthy beyond words. But there’s so much more to the water sign than that, especially when you add relationships into the mix. Yes, our shyness (or extroverted introversion, if you’re like me) can make our dating game seem rusty as hell but here’s the deal. When it comes to love, Cancers are either the sweetest people you’ll ever meet … or the craziest. These five quirks just scratch the surface of what it’s like getting into a relationship with a Cancer:
1. We overanalyze the sh*t out of everything. You can imagine what it’s like to finally score a hot date with that guy you’ve been eyeing for awhile now, only to spend the entire time psychoanalyzing everything that comes out of his mouth (sometimes without really hearing a word he’s saying). We’re really attentive when we want to be! Also, flirting with a Cancer via text can either be really sexy or the absolute worst. It’s not our faults that your abuse of emojis sends us into detective mode — what the heck does the penguin emoji mean, anyway?!
2. We can be ridiculously moody. We’ll be the first to admit we can’t stand being seen as emotional, even though there’s definitely some truth to it. In fact, my ex can pretty much attest to the fact that I am the QUEEN of the silent treatment (oops!). When a cancer feels hurt or upset, you’ll totally feel it too: they’ll either retreat into their shell or come out swinging. But don’t take this to heart; it’s just a knee-jerk reaction to protect ourselves from getting hurt.
3. We’re stubborn as hell. Piss us off and we’re a force to be reckoned with. Seriously, when it comes to arguments, you will always lose. It doesn’t matter if you’re right or wrong; how you approach us is the deciding factor for whether you’ll be sleeping on the couch tonight.
4. We love our family something fierce. Which has both pros and cons, of course. Cancers know family will always come first so dating us pretty much means basically getting adopted into our family. So you better be prepared to love our family too or you won’t stand a chance. If my closest pals or family had serious reservations about someone I’m seeing, it’d be hard for us to bounce back from that. After all, if you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends. Figuratively, of course.
5. But above all else, we’ll do anything to make you happy. When we fall in love, we feel it in our skin and bones. We give our relationships everything we have, no questions asked. Even though wearing our heart on our sleeve will sometimes bite us in the end, we don’t regret those moments because they helped lead us to you. So when a Cancer falls in love with you, it’s because you’re more than worth it.